Friday 10 May 2013

An Idea to Make Xorns Scary

  I have recently bought myself a miniature for the Xorn, a D&D monster which eats precious metals or minerals.
  Basically this thing exists so a DM can mess with an adventuring party's treasure. And I like oddball monsters, I really do.

  Aside from that, I was recently reading Green Devil Face #4 and one of the articles ('Wand of the Weird') had a table for random effects a magic wand could do. One of them was the following:

"The subject’s eyes turn into gems worth
5,000gp each. The eyes function as normal
as long as they remain in the subject’s
head."

  Now... You can also insert that effect into a magic trap, a spell, a mutation, it doesn't matter... What matters is that to someone who suddenly has gems for eyes, the Xorn has gone from being a nuisance to being a terrifying monster who wants to eat his eyes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment